DKP PayerScope® Summary:
We have confirmed with CMS that the 2015 summer meeting will take place on Monday, August 24, 2015, and Tuesday, August 25, 2015. Additionally, CMS also informed us that depending on the size of the agenda the meeting could be reduced to a one day event.
REMINDER: Registration is required to attend this meeting in person. The meeting registration will be available from Monday, June 29, 2015, through Friday, July 31, 2015. It will close at 5 p.m. EDT on July 31. Attendance may be limited based on the number of registrants and the space available. Other meeting details are included below.
The second semi-annual meeting in 2015 is scheduled for the following dates and times. The times listed in this notice are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) and are approximate times; consequently, the meetings may last longer than the times listed in this notice, but will not begin before the posted times:
- Monday, August 24, 2015, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT
- Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT
Meeting Information Updates:
The actual meeting hours and days will be posted in the agenda. As information and updates regarding the onsite, webcast, and teleconference meeting, and agenda become available, they will be posted to the CMS web site at: http://cms.gov/Regulations-andGuidance/Guidance/FACA/AdvisoryPanelonAmbulatoryPaymentClassificationGroups.html
Presentations and Comments can be submitted by email only. Presentations or comments and form CMS-20017 must be in the Designated Federal Official’s (DFO’s) email inbox (APCPanel@cms.hhs.gov) by 5 p.m. EDT, Friday, July 24, 2015. Presentations and comments that are not received by the due date will be considered late and will not be included on the agenda.
Meeting Registration Timeframe:
Monday, June 29, 2015, through Friday, July 31, 2015 at 5 p.m. EDT.
- Participants planning to attend this meeting in person must register online, during the above specified timeframe at: https://www.cms.gov/apps/events/default.asp
- On this webpage, double click the “Upcoming Events” hyperlink, and then double click the “HOP Panel” event title link and enter the required information. Include any requests for special accommodations.
- Note: Participants who do not plan to attend the meeting in person should not register.
Meeting Location, Webcast, and Teleconference:
The meeting will be held in the following location:
Auditorium, CMS Central Office
7500 Security Boulevard
Woodlawn, Maryland 21244-1850
Alternately, the public may either view this meeting via a webcast or listen by teleconference. During the scheduled meeting, webcasting is accessible online at: http://cms.gov/live. Teleconference dial-in information will appear on the final meeting agenda, which will be posted on the CMS website when available at: http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-andGuidance/Guidance/FACA/AdvisoryPanelonAmbulatoryPaymentClassificationGroups.html
The agenda for the August 24, 2015 through August 25, 2015, meeting will provide for discussion and comment on the following topics as designated in the Panel’s Charter:
- Addressing whether procedures within an APC group are similar both clinically and in terms of resource use.
- Evaluating APC group weights.
- Reviewing the packaging of OPPS services and costs, including the methodology and 5 the impact on APC groups and payment.
- Removing procedures from the inpatient-only list for payment under the OPPS.
- Using single and multiple procedure claims data for CMS’ determination of APC group weights.
- Addressing other technical issues concerning APC group structure.
- Recommending the appropriate supervision level (general, direct, or personal) for individual hospital outpatient therapeutic services.
The Agenda will be posted on the CMS web site approximately 1 week before the meeting.